Wednesday 20 April 2011

Mrs Listers Q&A's

I have been tagged by Sarah my lovely sister to do this question and answer meme from The Guardian and now my assignment is now safely handed in I shall try my best to fill it in.
Mrs Lister was the one who saw this and past it on.

Which living person do you most admire, and why?
I have to say I absolutely adore Sir Robert Winston. Biology is a love of mine and his passion for the subject and how he easily explains things makes me admire him.


When were you happiest?
Probably around the age of 19 before everything went wrong. I was enjoying University and my social life was at an all time high. In fact I can't remember most of my university years.


What was your most embarrassing moment?
There are unfortunately a few of these. However I would say the most embarrassing would be at a works party where I dressed up as a bond girl (I was a lot smaller then) in a dress which did not allow for a bra. This in itself wasn't a problem until I got up to dance to YMCA. I was happily dancing away with the others for perhaps a good 2 minutes blissfully unaware anything was wrong. Then someone came up to me and explained that my right boob had been on show for the majority of the song! The meanie blokes weren't going to say anything. I think I went bright red and refrained from dancing for the rest of the night. 


Aside from property, what’s the most expensive thing you’ve bought?
A laptop which cost me £1000


What is your most treasured possession?
My laptop as I would be completely lost without it.


Where would you like to live?
I have always had this fantasy to live by the seaside. I think it comes from watching a program with a single mom in it who lived by the sea and took her children to the beach. It just looked very idyllic.


What’s your favourite smell?
I adore the smell of chocolates and can happily sniff a box of roses. I also strangely like creosote and new magazines.


Who would play you in the film of your life
I have no idea at all. Kate Winslet perhaps?


What is your favourite book?
Anything by Piers Anthony but if I had to chose one it would be Dragon on a pedestal as this was the very first one I read.


What is your most unappealing habit?
Who said I had any habits? My OH has helpfully told me it's not washing my feet enough.


What would be your fancy dress costume of choice?
This is an easy question as I have often thought about this. I would like to dress up in an 18th century ballgown. Images in my mind are masquerade balls.


What is your earliest memory?
This would be as a very young child being made to sit in my pushchair at a market because I had been naughty. I started walking at about 9 months and wanted to walk everywhere so this was a terrible punishment.


What is your guiltiest pleasure?
This would be food although my OH says it's conceiving! Anyways I love food in all shapes and sizes and can very easily eat a whole pack of biscuits in one sitting.


What do you owe your parents?
To quote Phillip Larkin, 'They fuck you up your mum and dad, They may not mean to, but they do. They fill you with the faults they had, And add some extra just for you. So yes they gave me numerous faults. My dad gave me his cynicism and pessimistic outlook on life, whereas my mum gave me her moodiness and depressive personality. So cheers mom and dad.


To whom would you most like to say sorry, and why?
My daughter for how things have turned out. For being unable to show my love for her and be close like we should be.


What or who is the greatest love of your life?
Chocolate! I jest. This would be my lovely husband. He drives me to distraction most of the time but I love him dearly.


What does love feel like?
This is a difficult one as there are so many different types of love. Unconditional love is the first moment I met each of my children after giving birth and just staring at them for hours and hours. That horrible sick to the stomach feeling when you think something is very very wrong with them. The utter lonliness and feeling as if something is missing when they are not around even though when they are around you just want to be alone. 


What was the best kiss of your life?
Probably the first kiss I ever had as it was with someone who I had really liked for ages.


Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
It used to be feck off til I got told off at work for using it. Apparantly it sounded too much like a swear word and it was unprofessional of me to use it. At home it is gods sake or FFS.


What is the worst job you’ve done?
This would be when I had graduated and I had no job at all so I foolishy answered one of those ads in the newspaper. It turned out to be going from factory to factory selling stuff to the workers. Definately not the thing for me.


If you could edit your past, what would you change?
However much I love my daughter I will say that I would change the circumstances surrounding how I had her and how I would do things differently second time around. For one I wouldn't let her father get off scot free living his life without knowing his daughter.


What is the closest you’ve come to death?
I remember when I was about 10 going on holiday to Pwhelli, and going on the Boomerang by myself. I happened to be right at the front of the ride and all was going great until it got stuck right at the top. I kept looking to the right of me and seeing the stairs along the track and thinking there was absolutely no way I was going to be able to walk down those stairs if they didn't get the ride going. So I suppose that was the closest I have come to death. Oh and yes they did get it working again by very scarily jerking it and then I had to go round the whole ride backwards after that too. 


What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Going to university and getting a degree.


When did you last cry, and why?
At the news. I am very emotional at the moment.


How do you relax?
It used to be with a nice glass of Blossom Hill Rose but that is out of the question now. I will say now I relax by looking at blogs and writing my blog.


What single thing would improve the quality of your life?
A new house with 4 bedrooms that doesn't need anything doing to it.


What is the most important lesson life has taught you?
It doesn't descriminate and throws everything at you at once.




i am tagging Jollyjilly

midlifesinglemum

newmumonline

No comments:

Post a Comment