Monday 25 April 2011

My wedding re-invented

Thanks to Kate the theme for this weeks listography is weddings. How would you change your wedding if you could do it all over again? Well I only got married last October so it is still very fresh in my mind and ubfortunately there are many things I would like to have changed which is awful really when it is supposed to be the perfect day.


1. I wouldn't leave everything to the last minute and rush around trying to get everything done. I must have been the most laid back bride in the history of brides. Nothing stressed me at all. I sorted out the favours the night before the wedding lol.


2. I would save up for my wedding from an early age. My wedding was done on a budget so it meant that I couldn't have everything I wanted. If money wasn't an issue I would have got married at Warwick castle, had a horse drawn carriage take me to the ceremony etc etc.


3. Get the rings earlier. My ring wasn't a problem as I have normal sized fingers, but when we got Pete's finger measured he was a size Z. Well you can imagine there are not many places that have a size Z in stock and everywhere was telling us they could get one in 2 weeks. The wedding was less than a week. I remember him saying to me afterwards, 'oh yeah I forgot my fingers were big.' Thanks for warning me. He is now known as fat finger Pete. I did manage to get him a titanium ring. At the wedding we both laughed when they presented the two rings together because his was so much bigger than mine.


4. I would sort out music for walking down the aisle so I wouldn't end up with some weird song being played. I can't even remember what it was now but I know it was a Robbie Williams song that was not appropriate for a wedding.


5. And finally I would make sure my husband stayed by my side to welcome all the guests as they arrived on the night. Most of my relatives hadn't got a clue who the groom was because he was always at the bar or the toilet or somewhere else. I remember chasing him around most of the night. I don't think people should drink at their weddings. I couldn't drink so this may be a bit of jealousy lol.


Saying all that though really I wouldn't change it for the world and I am so glad I got married in the end. It was something me and Pete had wanted to do for a while but babies kept being born lol. If my wedding had been perfect there wouldn't have been anything to make me laugh later on. I wish my other half had helped me with the arrangements but as he kept telling me, 'what do I know about weddings? It's the brides day.' In other words I can't be arsed to sort it out and as long as there is booze and old friends there I'll be happy!

9 comments:

  1. I would also have got married earlier as Pete's mom died before we got married. It was one of the reasons why I got married so quickly because I didn't want anyone else not being there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha fat finger Pete, that must have been very stressful at the time! There is so much to organise you can see how some people go all 'bridezilla'! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Robbie Williams song was the one with the line about bodies in a cemetery lol. Gave us a laugh though. Almost as much as when Thomas announced loudly that he didn't like being drunk!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds a lot like my list! Great list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous list...I agree that you shouldn't drink at your wedding...alcohol ruined some aspects of my day *hangs head in shame*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fat fingered Pete - I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mine was done on a budget too and so times I worry it was not classy enough, but it was a brilliant day with brilliant people and I am sure yours was too! Can't belive the size of his fingers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol, fat fingered Pete, mine was a budget and I know the feeling about the dodgy aisle music

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sounds to me like you kept the reason for getting married in perspective. Sometimes you can get bogged down by the stress of organising and people pleasing that the actual ceremony and commitment part becomes overshadowed. You can always do Warwick castle in the future for a big anniversary?

    ReplyDelete