Thanks to Kate the theme for this weeks listography is weddings. How would you change your wedding if you could do it all over again? Well I only got married last October so it is still very fresh in my mind and ubfortunately there are many things I would like to have changed which is awful really when it is supposed to be the perfect day.
1. I wouldn't leave everything to the last minute and rush around trying to get everything done. I must have been the most laid back bride in the history of brides. Nothing stressed me at all. I sorted out the favours the night before the wedding lol.
2. I would save up for my wedding from an early age. My wedding was done on a budget so it meant that I couldn't have everything I wanted. If money wasn't an issue I would have got married at Warwick castle, had a horse drawn carriage take me to the ceremony etc etc.
3. Get the rings earlier. My ring wasn't a problem as I have normal sized fingers, but when we got Pete's finger measured he was a size Z. Well you can imagine there are not many places that have a size Z in stock and everywhere was telling us they could get one in 2 weeks. The wedding was less than a week. I remember him saying to me afterwards, 'oh yeah I forgot my fingers were big.' Thanks for warning me. He is now known as fat finger Pete. I did manage to get him a titanium ring. At the wedding we both laughed when they presented the two rings together because his was so much bigger than mine.
4. I would sort out music for walking down the aisle so I wouldn't end up with some weird song being played. I can't even remember what it was now but I know it was a Robbie Williams song that was not appropriate for a wedding.
5. And finally I would make sure my husband stayed by my side to welcome all the guests as they arrived on the night. Most of my relatives hadn't got a clue who the groom was because he was always at the bar or the toilet or somewhere else. I remember chasing him around most of the night. I don't think people should drink at their weddings. I couldn't drink so this may be a bit of jealousy lol.
Saying all that though really I wouldn't change it for the world and I am so glad I got married in the end. It was something me and Pete had wanted to do for a while but babies kept being born lol. If my wedding had been perfect there wouldn't have been anything to make me laugh later on. I wish my other half had helped me with the arrangements but as he kept telling me, 'what do I know about weddings? It's the brides day.' In other words I can't be arsed to sort it out and as long as there is booze and old friends there I'll be happy!