Monday 28 March 2011

On a lighter note

After my blog outburst last night I thought I would lighten the mood again. My moods are like rollercoasters, up one minute then hurtling to the ground the next. I quiet like the dizzy heights but not so keen on zooming speedily to earth again.
Anyways even though I have spent a rather long tiring day at work I feel refreshed and ready to face the world. Well at least until the alarm goes off again at 6.30am tomorrow morning. If only I could win the lotto...... I wouldn't be one of those mad people who say it wouldn't change me. It definately would and there is no chance on earth that I would carry on working. I would love to be able to stay at home and bring up my children. I have absolutely no chance of winning the lotto ever but still I dutifully put my money on every week just in case.
I say I will never win because about 16 years ago 5 of my numbers came up. At this time I was playing the lottery with a friend, where he would pay the £1 on a saturday and I would buy the wednesday ticket. On this draw it was a saturday and I remember sitting in my flat watching the lottery unfold and finding out that I actually had 5 of the numbers. I have never been so excited in all my life. I jumped around the flat screaming and shouting then quickly phoned my mom to tell her the fantastic news.
However there was one factor I hadn't thought of. While on the phone to my mom I noticed the call waiting and on the other line was a rather sheepish sounding friend. I was so excited I never noticed that he didn't sound happy. It turned out that he hadn't put the numbers on that week so no winnings for us. I was devastated. I think at the time it was over £1000 which to a poor student was a royal sum. It is something I have never forgot and so I try to have lucky dips now so it will never happen again.
Who knows one day someone has to win it, why not me? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment